- 200g puff pastry, rolled to a circle the size of the pan
- 8 granny smith eating apples
- juice 1 lemon
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g butter, cubed
Orange Crème fraîche
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 4 tbsp Glenisk Organic Crème Fraîche
- zest of 1 orange
- Peel and core the apples, cut them in half. Toss them lightly in lemon juice (to prevent them discolouring).
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Add the sugar to the pan and over a medium heat let it slowly caramelize, moving the pan from time to time to stop the sugar from burning (which can happen very quickly, so exercise caution when working with hot sugar). Once the sugar goes a golden brown colour, remove it from the heat and add butter in small dice.
- Carefully place the halved apples around in a circle until compact to the centre, then place the puff pastry over the top neatly tucking it in around the edges. Put the tart in the oven immediately for 25 mins at 190°C.
- Take out and leave to rest for 5 mins, then place a large plate over the top of the pan and being careful that no hot liquid spills onto your hands, invert the pan, turning the pan upside down so that the pastry is now the base of the tart sitting on the plate. Slowly lift the pan away from the plate.
- To make the Orange Creme Fraiche, whisk together all the ingredients for the orange creme fraiche and serve with Tarte Tatin
Nutritional Information (per serving)