350g/12oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
25g/1oz Odlums Wheat Bran
1 tablespoon Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
or Rowse Honey
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda (sieved)
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
300ml / ½ pint Milk
125g Carton Yoghurt (Natural or Hazelnut)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
2. Put wholemeal, wheat bran, sugar, salt and sieved bread soda into a mixing bowl and mix well together.
3. Add the oil, milk and yoghurt and stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite “wet”.
4. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour. Bread is baked when tapped underneath and it has a hollow sound.
5. Wrap in a clean tea towel and allow to cool.
6. Bread cuts better if left until the next day.
The following can be mixed in with the dry ingredients:
50g/2oz Shamrock Apricots (chopped)
Handful of Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
1 Tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
Sprinkle Odlums Oatflakes or sesame seeds on top of bread before baking.