- 8 Quality assured small eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, stems removed, washed and chopped.
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil, (preferably with a good green colour for visual impact!)
- 4 red/green/yellow peppers
- 4 small ciabata type bread rolls or 1 loaf sliced horizontally to give 4 large slices
Crush or pound together the garlic, ¼ teaspoon of salt, most of the chopped coriander, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 tablespoons of boiling water.
Roast the whole peppers in the oven at 180ºC until the skins are slightly charred. Then leave them in a bowl, covered with cling film for 5 min; this allows the peppers to sweat and makes it easy to peel off the thin skin. When they are peeled, cut them into thin strips and add the garlic and coriander mixture. Mix it all together and the garlic and coriander will begin to infuse into the oil and the juices.
Poach the eggs.
Slice the bread and warm it briefly in the toaster or oven.
Prepare 4 separate dishes, start with the bread at the bottom, add ¼ of the peppers and their juices which will soak down into the bread. Place the warm eggs on top and finish off with a drizzle of olive oil, more salt and pepper and finally a sprinkling of coriander.