Now that it’s getting colder and darker out we need a warming and nutritious dinner more than ever! This Oatmeal Fish Pie Recipe is just the trick! #NotJustForBreakfast
750g (1½ lbs) of fish mix
(cod, salmon, and smoked fish, skinned and cut into cubes)
2 sticks of celery
1 leek, 1 carrot
2 cloves of garlic
350 ml (12 fl oz) fish or vegetable stock
40g (1½ oz) butter
50g (2oz) flour
100ml (3.5 fl oz) cream or milk
50ml (2 fl oz) white wine (optional)
Salt and pepper
75g (3oz) butter
110g (4oz) breadcrumbs
110g (4oz) Flahavan’s Progress Oatlets
Zest of 1 Lemon
50g (2oz) grated parmesan or cheddar cheese
1 tbsp. fresh herbs (parsley and thyme)
50g (2oz) flaked almonds
- Sauté the diced vegetables in butter with garlic and thyme. Add the flour to coat the vegetables and dry up the juices.
- Add fish stock and white wine (if using) and allow the vegetables to cook. Add the cream or milk.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the fish. Cook very gently for 5-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish. Cover with topping and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- For the topping, melt the butter, add breadcrumbs, porridge oats, lemon zest, cheese, chopped herbs and flaked almonds.
Ask your fishmonger to prepare a fish pie mix of your choice for this recipe.