125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour Pinch of Salt 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar 1 Egg 150ml/1/4 pint Milk Oil for frying
- Sieve flour, salt and caster sugar into a bowl.
- Add the egg and beat while adding the milk. Mix until mixture becomes smooth.
- Cover and allow to stand for about an hour.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Serve with butter and jam.
- Delicious hot, with butter.
- Serve with Rowse Honey.
- Crème fraiche and fresh fruit.