- 12oz/350g penne pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 tablespoons of basil pesto
- 2oz/50g grated Avonmore Cheddar & Mozzarella
- 1oz/25g stoned black olives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add a little drizzle of olive oil which will stop the pasta from sticking.
- Plunge the pasta into the boiling water and boil according to the packet instructions.
- When the pasta is cooked strain into a large colander and leave it under cold running water until the pasta has completely cooled down. This process is known as blanching and refreshing. Retain it until required.
- Meanwhile cut the vegetables into even sized bite size portions and spread out on a baking tray. Season with a little salt and pepper, drizzle with a little oil and place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until all of the vegetables have softened completely.
- Allow the vegetables to cool.
- Mix the roasted vegetables and the chilled pasta together.
- Mix in some seasoning, Avonmore cheddar & mozzarella mix and the basil pesto and stir until the pesto has completely coated all of the vegetables.
- Arrange in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh basil or as required.