4 Slices of Bread
2 Eggs (beaten)
4 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Caster Sugar
Butter for frying
Punnet of Blueberries & Raspberries
50g/2oz Shamrock Walnuts (roughly chopped)
- Beat the eggs, milk and sugar well in a bowl, then transfer to a large shallow dish (so you can easily dip in a slice of bread)
- Dip each side of bread in the batter and allow to soak for a few seconds.
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan over a medium heat. Fry both sides of the bread until golden brown.
- Put 2 slices of hot toast on a plate, cover with sliced banana, drizzle with maple syrup or honey and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- If serving a large number keep the toast warm in a preheated oven 130°C/250°F/Gas ½!
The toast can be used for both sweet and savoury recipes! If savoury, omit the sugar and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
This is a great way to use up stale bread!!