What you need:
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 350g pack Shamrock Sultanas or Raisins
- 200g pack Shamrock Mixed Peel
- 300ml/½ptice Sqeez Orange Juice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- Juice and zest of 1 Lemon
- 125g/4oz Icing Sugar
- Place fruit, peel and orange juice in a bowl and leave to soak overnight.
- Add flour and egg and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased and base lined 900g/2lb loaf tin or a 20cm/8″ round cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170°C/325°F/Gas 3 for approx 1 hour or until risen and firm to the touch. Cool on a wire tray.
- For icing, mix the lemon juice, zest and icing sugar together until smooth. When loaf is cold, pour icing on top and allow to set.