- 1 kg Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tablesp olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
Trim the sprouts and place in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the sprouts. While they are cooking heat the oil in a pan and sauté the shallots, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes over a medium heat. They should be soft and not coloured.
When the sprouts are cooked drain them well, then stir through the shallots, garlic and chilli mixture along with a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and black pepper to taste.