What you need:
- 125g/4oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar (optional)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 150ml/¼ pint Milk
- Oil for frying
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl, stir in the sugar (if using).
- Add the egg and beat while adding the milk. Mix until mixture becomes smooth.
- Cover and allow to stand for about an hour.
- Heat a little oil on a pan and drop spoonfuls of batter onto pan.
- When mixture is puffed and bubbling on top, turn and cook on other side.
- Serve warm with your favourite toppings.
- Serve hot with butter
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Drizzle with Rowse Honey, Buckwud Maple Syrup or Fruitfield Jam
- Top with fresh fruit of your choice and a dollop of greek yoghurt or crème fraîche
- Pair with crispy bacon and maple syrup
- Serve with poached egg, spinach and hollandaise sauce
- For blueberry pancakes, gently stir in 75g/3oz blueberries into batter before frying
- Or why not try some of our other tasty toppings – Shamrock Pecan Nuts, Shamrock Chopped Almonds or Shamrock Chocolate Chips