These tasty mushrooms are a wonderful accompaniment to any meat dish, but adults and kids alike can also enjoy them as a great starter or snack when served on freshly toasted ciabatta.
- 30g / 2 tbsp Dairygold
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 300g sliced mushrooms (whichever variety you like)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves / dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ciabatta loaf, divided in four
Heat a large saucepan to high heat and add the oil.
When the oil reaches smoking point (this might take a minute or two), add the Dairygold, onion and garlic.
To prevent the garlic from burning, toss the pan’s contents furiously.
Once the onions turn translucent, add the mushrooms. Keep tossing until all the mushrooms are golden brown and caramelized.
Add thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Depending on what you’re doing them for, serve immediately as a side, or on toasted ciabatta.