Cook Time40-50 mins
What you need:
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 200g/7oz Butter or Margarine (room temperature)
- 125g/4oz Chocolate (at least 60% cocoa)
- 225g/8oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Goodall’s Vanilla Essence
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
- Icing Sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F/Gas 3. Lightly grease an oblong brownie tin 25cm/10″ x 15cm/6″ or a small roasting tin.
- Melt the butter/margarine and chocolate together over a low heat.
- Remove from heat, add the sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and eggs.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together and gently stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until crusty on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut into heart shapes using heart shape cutter. Dust lightly with Icing Sugar.