Whip Up Marvellous Meringues
- 3 egg whites
- 175g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Avonmore Whipped Cream
- Seasonal berries to serve: strawberries & raspberries
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 200C / Gas mark 1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Whisk the 3 egg whites in a large bowl until they form stiff peaks. You can do this with an electric whisk or a handheld.
- Begin to add the caster sugar to the egg whites, one tablespoon at a time, whisking on a high speed between each tablespoon. Mix until stiff.
- Once all of the sugar has been added, pour in the vanilla essence and whisk once more. At this point the mixture should be white and glossy and forming stiff peaks. Dollop 6 heaped tablespoons of the meringue mixture onto the baking tray, with an even distance between each.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, and then turn off the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, add a big dollop of Avonmore Whipped Cream, and serve with berries of your choice.