What you need:
- 4 slices of Bread
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- Butter, for frying
- Buckwud Maple Syrup
- 4 Bananas, sliced
- 50g/2oz Shamrock Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Beat the eggs, milk and sugar well in a bowl, then transfer to a large shallow dish so you can easily dip in a slice of bread.
- Dip each side of bread in the batter and allow to soak for a few seconds.
- Heat a knob of butter in a pan over a medium heat. Fry both sides of the bread until golden brown.
- Put 2 slices of hot toast on a plate, cover with sliced banana, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with the walnuts.
- If serving a large number keep the toast warm in a preheated oven 130°C/250°F/Gas½.
The toast can be used for both sweet and savoury recipes. If savoury, omit the sugar and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
A great way to use up stale bread!