- 4 Red Peppers, Halved
- 150g Cooked Long- Grain Rice
- 1/2 Small Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes, Chopped
- 4 tbsp Avonmore Cottage Cheese
- 4 Shredded Basil Leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 Clove Garlic Chopped
- Avonmore grated cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add some olive oil to a hot frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Into the bowl add the rice, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese, basil & tomato puree and mix together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place the peppers in a large baking dish and spoon the cottage cheese/rice mixture into them.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the grated cheddar and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.