- Add some olive oil to a hot frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Into the bowl add the rice, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese, basil & tomato puree and mix together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place the peppers in a large baking dish and spoon the cottage cheese/rice mixture into them.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the grated cheddar and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.