Health and taste come together in this delicious Courgette, Feta and Chive Tart. A wonderful pizza alternative by celebrity chef and Whirlpool ambassador, Catherine Fulvio.
For the roasted vegetables
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced diagonally
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp rape seed oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 375g pack ready rolled puff pastry
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 180g ricotta
- Egg wash, 1 egg and 2tbsp water
- 60g feta, crumbled
- Chive lengths, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 (oC/fan) or 160 (oC/gas 4). Place the onions, courgettes and red pepper slices into a roasting pan and drizzle with oil, sprinkle over the paprika as well as the chives. Roast for about 15mins until just tender. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Increase the temperature of the oven to 190 (oC/fan) 170 (oC/gas 3). Place the pastry on a piece of baking parchment onto a baking tray. Measure a 1 ½ cm edge around the pastry, using a sharp knife cut out the edge, carefully not to slice all the way through. Using a fork, prick the inner rectangle of the pastry and brush with egg wash. Bake for 20mins until golden. Remove from the oven and press the inner pastry rectangle down slightly.
- Combine the basil pesto and ricotta and spread over the pastry leave the edge.
- Arrange the roasted vegetable on top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over a little rapeseed oil. Sprinkle over the feta and bake for about 7 to 8 mins until the feta is slightly golden.
- Arrange the chive lengths on top and serve immediately.
Any vegetables can be used like roasted sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes and artichokes and sprinkle over chopped rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Whirlpool. http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes